What Are the Top Email Marketing Services?
What Are the Top Email Marketing Services?
Executing a successful email marketing campaign is nearly impossible to do if you are sending messages one-by-one from a personal email account. With email marketing services, create eye-catching emails and generate insightful user data that accelerate the effectiveness of your marketing tactics. With so many available, finding the top email marketing services for your small business or nonprofit organization can be a time-consuming hassle. Instead, refer to our list of the seven best email marketing services currently available.
Receiving an “Excellent” rating for the editors at PC Magazine, the editors share that, “If you are a small business looking to get started with easy-to-use email marketing software, then MailChimp should be part of your toolbox.”
- Features: E-commerce integration, marketing automation, customizable email templates, advanced reporting tools, flexible API documentation, Facebook and Instagram ad campaign management, a suite of mobile apps, data sync with apps and services such as Salesforce, Eventbrite, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Shopify, and SurveyMonkey.
- Support: Both Forever Free and Paid users have access to 24/7 email support and the self-service knowledge base. Paid users can also the support chat function Mondays through Fridays.
- Pricing: Three packages are available for MailChimp users: New Business is no-charge ever, Growing Business starts at $10 per month, and Pro Marketer is $199 per month.
- Why we like it: MailChimp makes it easy for web designers to create templates for customers without having to teach them code.
According to the team at TopTenReviews, “Constant Contact is one of the best services to get your email campaigns to your subscribers, and it’s especially useful for businesses that host events thanks to its ability to manage event registration. As an email marketing solution, Constant Contact fits all of the criteria a small business owner could need, and it offers affordable plans.”
- Features: Customizable email templates, autoresponder, contact management tool, email tracking tools. Features included in the EmailPlus package include hosting events, trackable coupons, online surveys, and online donations.
- Support: Award-winning live support is available via chat and over the phone. Users can also ask the community by posting in the Constant Contact Forum.
- Pricing: Everyone receives a free trial for the first 60 days that does not require a credit card and gives you full access to all of Constant Contact’s email marketing tools along with online resources and expert help. After the trial period, users can choose from Email or EmailPlus, and the price is determined by the size of your contact list. If you prepay for six months, you receive a 10% discount, and a 15% discount if you pay for 12 months in advance.
- Why we like it: Constant Contact has a built-in email testing service to make sure the email looks good in as many email programs as possible.
On G2 Crowd, users have rated Campaign Monitor a 4.4 out of five stars. One user who gave the platform a five-star rating shared, “I’ve used Campaign Monitor since 2009 and have found the system is a very flexible email marketing platform. The platform allows me to manage and customize clients email marketing from concept to completion. The automation and third-party integration options are robust. The reporting is on the higher end of accuracy than other email marketing platforms I have used in the past.”
- Features: Tools to assist with email marketing, marketing automation contact segmentation, and signup forms. Coming soon is a function that allows users to examine rich behavioral data that will further help to customize targeted email messages.
- Support: Email support, as well as support forums, are available 24/7. Premier customers also have access to phone support.
- Pricing: Three plans are available: Basic for $9 per month, Unlimited for $29 per month, and Premier for $149 per month.
- Why we like it: The reports are incredibly insightful.
Chris Singleton at Style Factory describes AWeber as, “a solid performer,” going onto say, “The strongest arguments for using it are probably that its interface is user-friendly; its wide range of integrations with other tools; and that you can avail of support from Aweber easily. The support aspect positions it as a good option for anyone starting out in e-marketing without a truckload of technical skills.”
- Features: Drag-and-drop email editor, autoresponder, award-winning customer service, subscriber segmenting, signup forms, email newsletters, RSS to Email, app integrations, landing pages, subscription manager, email marketing tracking, email deliverability rate, email marketing API, and mobile apps.
- Support: Call an expert any day of the week (Mondays-Friday from 4 AM to 8 PM EST and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST). Users can also contact support via email or chat, or use the Knowledge Base to find a solution.
- Pricing: Users can try AWeber for free for 30 days. After that, plans begin at $19 per month for up to 500 email subscribers. Plans increase in cost based on the number of subscribers.
- Why we like it: It’s one of the few email marketing services with phone support.
Chris Motola of Merchant Maverick describes Benchmark Email as, “a solid program. It is easy to use, open to innovation, and competitively priced. It’s free options may very well be the best in the business for anyone who just wants to dip into email marketing (particularly small, local businesses).”
- Features: Email designer, drag and drop editor, responsive emails, live editing, photo editing, email templates, and code editor.
- Support: Live chat support is always available or call their 800 number to speak with a customer service representative.
- Pricing: Benchmark offers a free starter plan for up to 2,000 email subscribers and 14,000 emails per month. For users needing unlimited email sends every month, paid plans start at $11.95 per month for up to 600 subscribers.
- Why we like it: The email designer is very easy to use for the novice user.
Earlier this month, a G2 Crowd user said, “SendGrid allowed us to finally launch automated emails, taking away lots of the laborious work we were doing in sending emails out one by one. For the purpose of sending out automated emails to customers, SendGrid is much more user-friendly than other platforms we’ve tried.”
- Features: Email delivery platform, easy-to-integrate API, choose-your-path email design options, flexible workflows, customized segmentation, testing, and real-time analytics.
- Support: Email and chat support is available 24/7. Phone support is available Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 5 PM MST.
- Pricing: New users can send up to 40,000 emails for with SendGrid’s 30-day trial, which does not require a credit card. The price for plans begin at $9.95 per month and increases based on the number of contacts, number of emails, and tools needed.
- Why we like it: Send 40,000 emails before you pay anything.
Emma Email Marketing
The editors at PC Magazine gave Emma an “Excellent” rating, and said, “Emma is versatile email marketing software with a personalized touch, and its features are suitable for both small and large companies.”
- Features: Segment builder (called Emma Audience), targeted email campaigns, autoresponder, personalized content, A/B testing variable, email list builder (Emma Guestbook), landing page creator, drag and drop editor, lightbox forms, click maps, mailing score, response dashboard, and a free mobile app for reporting called Metric.
- Support: Emma users can call support Monday through Friday from 5 AM to 7 PM CST. The Emma Community is a forum where users can post questions and answers 24/7.
- Pricing: Users can select from three plans: the Pro plan for $89 per month, the Plus plan for $369 a month, and the Enterprise package for $729 per month.
- Why we like it: Works very well for larger organizations.
A lot of entrepreneurs don’t have the time necessary to research which of the best email marketing services are right for their small business. With Alt Creative, partner with email marketing experts who can create and manage campaigns for you. Contact us today to discuss your email marketing strategy.
Ready to get your project started?
Get your free consultation and pricing quote by filling out our quick ‘request a quote’ form. We’ll answer all of your burning questions and help find the right solution for your project.Request a Quote