Why You Should Be Repurposing Content
Why You Should Be Repurposing Content
Writing a high-quality piece of content, such as a blog post, requires quite a bit effort. Once completed, you might wonder if all of that hard work was worth the investment. Keep in mind, there’s more to be done with that content even after you’ve pressed the “Publish” button. A crucial but often overlooked component of any content marketing strategy is content repurposing. A single piece of content has the capacity to do so much for your business if repurposed.
Why You Should Repurpose Content
There are four compelling reasons why, in 2016, 29 percent of top marketers regularly repurposed content.
Revisiting Important Information
You’ll do a lot of research to create a piece of content. That information has value beyond the content you originally used it in. Those statistics, case studies, examples, and so on are extremely useful to your audience. Therefore, you want to make this knowledge easily accessible in multiple places so users can always discover more, leading them to further engage with your brand.
Engage Every User
There are various ways that people connect with information. Some learn by reading, others through hearing, while another group requires visual aids. Repurposing content is an effective way to meet the needs of all of these individuals. An auditory learner will appreciate a podcast more than a white paper. A visual learner will take more away from an infographic than a case study. When you repurpose content for different audiences, you leave them wanting more and coming back for it often.
Connect with Every Audience
Your audience is spread across multiple channels. Repurposing content means you deliver information to everyone, regardless of whether they have only liked your Facebook page or subscribed to your blog. These people are interested in what you have to say so share it with them in the format they want to receive it, whether it’s a social media post, an e-book, or a SlideShare presentation.
Make the Most of Your Investment
You invested time, effort, and funds into creating a stand out piece of content. Build on that investment by repurposing it so different audiences can consume it. An informative video is delivered to your YouTube followers but your email subscribers might miss out if you don’t repurpose that content as an e-newsletter. You’ve already done the work. Now get creative with it so everyone can appreciate it.
12 Ways to Repurpose Content
Those four reasons are why leading marketers create and execute detailed plans for repurposing content. They map out exactly how a piece of content, for instance, a blog post, is going to be repurposed to create an infographic, followed by a podcast, and finally an email blast. Depending on the type of content you want to repurpose, there are a number of ways to transform the information for different users.
- Blog post: Take the script from a podcast or video, or the data used in an infographic, and transform it into an easy-to-read blog post.
- Website copy: The valuable data you uncovered for an e-book is probably applicable to your site visitors. Share this information with them directly on your website.
- White paper: These work well for those who enjoy both reading and visuals, as white papers are more formal pieces of content that incorporate text and graphics.
- Social media messaging: Sharing quick hit facts or stats on social channels to demonstrate your expertise while keeping followers engaged.
- Video: Some would rather spend a few minutes watching a video than reading, so give them what they want.
- Case study: Expand on what you already know and apply it to a real-world scenario that demonstrates the value of your business and its products and/or services.
- E-book: Take several pieces of content and thoughtfully combine them into an e-book people can revisit and use as a resource.
- Webinar: Instead of telling your audience the information, show them how it is applicable to their lives through an instructive webinar.
- Infographic: These are a popular method for sharing information because they are eye-catching and easy to read.
- Podcast: Users can learn on-the-go as they listen to your podcast when they commute, work out, or busy themselves with other tasks.
- SlideShare: Break content into bite-sized pieces by spreading information out across a visually appealing digital slideshow.
- Email newsletter: Deliver the information your audience wants right to their email inbox.
Regardless of the content repurpose plan you decide on, it’s most important that you create and execute the strategy regularly. Contact the experts at Alt Creative today to discuss repurposing content.
Ready to get your project started?
Get your free consultation and pricing quote by filling out our quick ‘request a quote’ form. We’ll answer all of your burning questions and help find the right solution for your project.Request a Quote